Tara Baker is a business owner, entrepreneur, artist, and a former wildland firefighter and EMT.
In this episode, you’ll hear about Tara’s experience with sexual harassment as a firefighter, how the #metoo movement motivated Tara to speak up, and the state of women’s rights in Wyoming and the rest of the world.
“Having come out and told some stories publicly about the sexual harassment in the forest service, I came to this place where I really had to own my opinion about that and I had to own my voice. I feel like I really had to decide what I believed. And I think once you go through that process, you stop caring so much about how people could judge you.” – Tara Baker
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“As a woman, you are seen as the problem-maker in romantic or sexual encounters. Guys are always patted on the back and given a high five like ‘oh sweet, you got her into bed’ and girls are slut-shamed.” – Tara Baker
- What a wildland firefighter does
- Why the wildlife in Wyoming is so unique
- How Tara’s work ethic has been inspired by other Wyoming women
- Tara’s experience with sexual harassment as a firefighter
- How the #metoo movement motivated Tara to speak up
- The state of women’s rights in Wyoming and the world
- Why Tara was drawn to a career in art