Sara Flitner is a native of Shell, Wyoming and a graduate of University of Wyoming.
Sara is the founder and owner of Flitner Strategies and the former mayor of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. She has more than 20 years of experience in collaborative problem solving and organizational leadership.
Tune in to this episode to learn about Sara’s life and career, her perspective on the challenges that women face in Wyoming, and how women can continue to strive for equality.
“In all honesty, the last time we did something of note for equality in this state was about 150 years ago.” – Sara Flitner
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“Just knowing something is not the same as being able to do it. I can know what empathy means and what showing up as an active listener should be, but unless I actually practice building those neural networks, they’re not going to be in place.” – Sara Flitner
- How to serve clients as an organizational leader
- How growing up in Wyoming is a unique experience
- The challenges women face in Wyoming
- How being mayor of Jackson Hole, WY exposed Sara to systemic oppression
- The importance of teaching your children to treat others with respect
- Why mentorship is essential for young women entering the workforce
- Learn more about Flitner Strategies
“If you really have respect for another human, listening and supporting what helps them develop and grow is part of that partnership.” – Sara Flitner